Matthew 18:6 KJV
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Ezekiel 22:23-31 NIV
Again the word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, say to the land, ‘You are a land that has not been cleansed or rained on in the day of wrath.’ There is a conspiracy of her princes within her like a roaring lion tearing its prey; they devour people, take treasures and precious things and make many widows within her. Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them. Her officials within her are like wolves tearing their prey; they shed blood and kill people to make unjust gain. Her prophets whitewash these deeds for them by false visions and lying divinations. They say, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says’—when the Lord has not spoken. The people of the land practice extortion [the practice of obtaining something through force and threats] and commit robbery; they oppress the poor and needy and mistreat the foreigner, denying them justice. “I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign Lord.”
From Wikipedia [link]
Extortion (also called shakedown, outwresting, and exaction) is a criminal offence of unlawfully obtaining money, property, or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion. Refraining from doing harm is sometimes euphemistically called protection. Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime groups. The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense. Making a threat of violence which refers to a requirement of a payment of money or property to halt future violence is sufficient to commit the offense. Exaction refers not only to extortion or the unlawful demanding and obtaining of something through force, but additionally, in its formal definition, means the infliction of something such as pain and suffering or making somebody endure something unpleasant.
Imagine a church that would threaten Widows, Orphans, the Poor and the Needy simply to save face. Pretty unbelievable and totally contrary to the Scriptures. Well, this has happened and I will explain why.
I am a full-time volunteer at an organisation that has a children’s home and a home for un-married woman. The organisation also helps the needy. This is a Faith-based organisation and I do not draw a salary or stipend. I do not hold a position on the board. Some local NCMI churches have found out that this blog is associated to me as my name has been open to everyone who cared to read. I have had church elders come to my place of work and threaten to pull all support if I do not close this blog down. This is not support for me, but rather support for the children in the homes that care for 60 odd souls. This risks their lively-hood! NCMI has a great influence in my town among other churches. Such a threat should not be taken lightly.
The Current state of the Blog
The last post to be posted concerning NCMI was penned August 18, 2011. This blog is not inactive however. The comment section is very much alive. I have dutifully moderated the comments on this blog since its inception in 2008. For 5 years it has garnered just over 60000 views and 528 comments. The reason I have not written anything regarding NCMI in recent years is because I have nothing to say. This site is not about gossip, but about education. It is meant to be a check and balance to a largely uncontested heterodox church.
Why is this blog still running after 5 years?
This blog is still running for a multitude of reasons. I do not believe in being pressured into doing something by bullies. My reasons follow
- NCMI is a truly hurtful movement. Working in Ministry we are confronted by the debris of this hurt on a regular basis. There are so many that have been negatively touched by NCMI’s hurtfulness
- Not one NCMI congregant has ever come on this site and felt remorse for the horrors occurring in the church.
- I believe that there needs to be an offset. The problems within NCMI are clear. I would not be posting this now if they were not manipulative.
- This site has helped many
- This site has given the hurt a voice
- This administration has never adverted, manipulated or tried to make the conversation anti-NCMI. All comments on this site (regardless of which side of the fence) have been approved with the exception of profanity
- This site is more that what I have published. It is the sum of many comments from many people. Many of whom took a great risk writing what they did and many of whom spent considerable amounts of time penning their comments.
- This site has always asked for a reasonable reply from NCMI leadership, instead we got untruthful, un-biblical hogwash to back themselves up. Such as in the case of Piet Lombard
A Biblical Basis for this Site
When this site started, I was angry at the hurt what the church was dishing out on people. It was clear something was wrong. Very soon this anger faded, but the site continued to exist and be updated. Perhaps the roots of this site were not biblical but when the anger faded I have endeavored to ensure a biblical process on the site.
- Luke 17:3 – If your brother sins, rebuke him
- Ephesians 5:11 – Do not have fellowship with sin, but reprove it.
- 2 Timothy 2:24-26 – The Lord’s servant must correct those who have been taken captive by the Devil.
- 2 Timothy 4:2-4 – Preaching the word requires us to “reprove and rebuke”
- Matthew 18:15-17 – “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
- 2 Timothy 3:1-5 – …There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
- Titus 1:13 – This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith
- Titus 1:9 – He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
- 1 Timothy 5:20 – But those elders who are sinning you are to reprove before everyone, so that the others may take warning
Strongest among these passages are the passages that speak about love. I have invited countless people from NCMI into my home. I have fed NCMI congregants and I have supported people from NCMI via counselling. I pray that God can help me to love, but at the same time to stand STRONG on the mighty Word of God. I commit that I will continue to be there for any child of God and offer my love regardless of if you are NCMI or not. I will not agree with your church, but I will understand you, and love you (I Pray)
What has been done to protect the children?
I have removed all mention of my name from this site. I have now been forced to once again be anonymous. Many regular posters on this site will know my name and I ask you to respect my privacy. Any post that mentions my name has been edited to show my name as “Forced to Hide”. I did edit your posts, by be assured besides the edit of the name, nothing else has been changed.
Beyond that I have decided to bow to the pressure in a sense. I have no right to delete and destroy the multitudes of comments that exist on this site. That would not be fair on these people and I am not comfortable with that. The pressure that is being received on the organisation has been so intense that the blog has become a liability. To continue with the blog would jeopardize peoples lives. If I continued to own this blog, the growth of the organisation will be effected. The pressure is great, the extortion is great, the blackmail is great.
This is why I have decided to give this blog up. I will no longer be publishing any more materials and I will no longer be moderating the comments. Real truths will be silenced and as the future of the children is in the balance, a lot of prayer has followed.
I have a good friend, who is a student of theology, has been in the NCMI sphere and who is soft hearted, patient and Godly. I believe that if their is any form of justice, this man can bring that about in a way that is biblical. I am handing the blog over to him to do with as he pleases. Giving him the blog, I made the following suggestions:
- Should he choose to continue with the blog he should consider keeping his identity secret. This is a lesson I learnt. My family has been threatened and I don’t want the same for him
- If he feels that the blog should be deleted, he should pray into the matter – seek guidance from God and do what is answered
- I asked him to keep the blog biblical based, and exhort truths with a heart of compassion
I am unsure of what he will do but it is his baby now.
I have very little doubt that removing my name from this blog will make any difference now. The churches who are threatening know who I am. They have demanded the removal of this blog. All I can say is that this has been an emotional rollo-coaster. It has been an uphill battle, and the face of the enemy has become clear.
It also has been a good ride, with many testimonies, fellowship and revelations. I hope that this blog has helped people to make informed decisions when joining a church, and to shed the control that entangles them.